Senior Compliance Officer
Vulcan Value Partners, LLC is sourcing for a dynamic, professional, and experienced Senior Compliance Officer. The Senior Compliance Officer’s responsibilities require an individual with demonstrated solutions-orientation, strong interpersonal, analytical and project-management skills. The position is primarily responsible for supporting the development, maintenance, management and monitoring of the adviser, UCITS, mutual fund, and CIT regulatory compliance programs.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in an investment management industry compliance and/or legal role with an investment adviser, mutual fund company, law firm or regulatory agency, possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, and has the ability to function cooperatively, provide leadership within an entrepreneurial culture, and build consensus on compliance issues among senior executives, employees, vendors, outside counsel and clients.
This position is based in Birmingham, Alabama and will report to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Supports the development, maintenance, management and monitoring of the adviser and mutual fund regulatory compliance programs.
- Performs and administers compliance monitoring test work.
- Acts as an advisor and counselor to the firm for all regulatory matters.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Helps develop, maintain, manage and monitor adviser and mutual fund regulatory compliance programs as required by Rule 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and Rule 38a-1 of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Helps conduct the annual reviews of adviser and fund policies and procedures to determine their adequacy and effectiveness of implementation, develops findings, proposes and helps direct the timely implementation of accepted recommendations.
- Identifies and monitors trends in internal and external (regulatory/industry) environments and assesses their impact on the organization; creates policies and procedures in response to changing regulations and financial industry trends.
- Works with all employees to advise and resolve compliance issues.
- Administers compliance monitoring test work, including quarterly analyses of the firm’s trading activity to verify compliance with policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reviews employees’ personal securities transactions to ensure compliance with the firm’s Code of Ethics.
- Administers compliance module in trade order management system.
- Reviews emails and social media communications for compliance with the federal securities laws and internal policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements the compliance training program for the firm and its employees.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of federal securities rules and regulations governing the investment management advisory industry through ongoing education.
- Participates in the firm’s Compliance, GIPS, Cybersecurity, and Best Execution & Trading Committees and other meetings as necessary.
- Reviews marketing materials, RFPs, investment management agreements and other materials for regulatory compliance.
- Assists with the administration of the firm’s due diligence program with respect to its third party service providers.
- Assists with regulatory filings.
- Interface with regulators, examiners and outside legal counsel as necessary.
- Special projects as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent and relevant experience and skills.
- Five or more years’ experience in a compliance role or related experience with a focus on the investment management industry at an investment adviser, mutual fund company, law firm or regulatory agency.
- In-depth knowledge of the federal securities laws, primarily the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA, industry practices, and other regulatory requirements relating to investment advisers and mutual fund complexes.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to function cooperatively, provide leadership, maintain confidentiality, and build consensus on compliance issues among senior executives, employees, vendors, outside counsel and clients.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, personable, tactful, efficient, and a focused work ethic with the ability to execute tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
- Highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal, analytical and project-management skills.
- Must work closely with all employees and also be able to work independently.
- Ability to work extensively with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Eze OMS a plus.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Entrepreneurial-minded approach to solutions appropriate to the business.