Asset Management Relationship Manager
Vulcan Value Partners is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic senior-level Client Relationship Manager to supplement the client service and business development activities of the firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful and well organized. This position will be responsible for assisting with the relationship management and business development efforts of the firm. This position will be based in Birmingham, Alabama and will report to the Director of Client Service. Vulcan Value partner is one of the best places to work in Birmingham, was ranked the #1 Best Place to Work in Money Management by Pension & Investment Magazine for a medium-sized firm, and, since inception, has ranked in the top 1% across all strategies against peer rankings.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with existing institutional client base.
- Conduct quarterly and annual meetings and calls with our clients to ensure that we are meeting their expectations.
- Attend research meetings and research calls, be an expert on all of our strategies.
- Provide data and reports for clients on a scheduled and ad hoc basis, including such items as: performance attribution and portfolio characteristics
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new institutional clients.
- Work closely with other team members and departments, and mentor our associates.
- Maintain current and accurate data on client relationships in firm’s CRM system
- Special Projects, as necessary
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Series 7 and 66 licenses or Series 7, 63 and 65.
- 8+ years of professional experience in relationship management or business development role in the investment industry in institutional sales.
- Value investing experience a huge plus
- CFA Charter preferred
- ~75% travel
- High competency with MS Word, Publisher & Power Point, and Microsoft Excel
- Goal-oriented and able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the importance of customer service in the context of the financial industry
- High level of knowledge of investment management and financial analysis concepts, terms and definitions
- Skilled in setting priorities and managing time to accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong initiative and organizational skills