We are value investors—business analysts with a long-term time horizon focused on purchasing publicly traded companies that are competitively entrenched at significant discounts to intrinsic worth. Performance is our mission. We believe performance is best achieved through disciplined commitment to our long-term investment philosophy and the highest set of core values. Our goal is to compound capital at real rates of return significantly in excess of inflation over our five-year time horizon. Believing that as owners and operators of the firm, our capital should be invested alongside our client partners, our company is the exclusive investment vehicle for all of our employees’ public equity investments.
Associate Analyst Program
We designed the Associate Analyst program to refine the foundational knowledge and training necessary to continue a security analyst’s education in value investing. The 2-3 year program provides hands-on training and mentorship, as well as an opportunity to experience the inner workings of a 55 person, $14B AUM investment firm.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Following initial training conducted by members of the research team and others at Vulcan, the Associate Analysts will be responsible for the following:
- Business Analysis: financial modeling, valuation, competitive analysis, comparable transactions for public companies.
- Research Projects: industry, macroeconomic, and general research projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (post-MBA also considered)
- 2 + years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of financial statements, accounting, and Excel modeling
- Strong passion for value investing
- Previous membership in student investment club or similar is preferred